The depositions of the Osimo’s community history
In courtyard of Palazzo dell’Episcopio, where expose the Cathedral and Baptistery’s entrance, we find the Museum Diocesan’s hall, the course of the faith that pick up in sixteen rooms the depositions of the Osimo’s community history.
Inside there are many sculptures and paintings, holy and reliquary parameters. Between the beauties shielded, it come out a argent foil representing S. Leopardo, first Osimo’s bishop, and an argent and gold cross, made by Gianlorenzo Bernini, which contain a Santa Croce relics.
It’s impossible not to admire the beauty of artwork like polyptychs made by Pietro di Domenico from Montepulciano (1418) and by Battista Franco called the Semolei (1547), or the Madonna with the kid and the saints Filippo and Giacomo, made by Simone de Magistris in 1585.
The textiles and the argents of the little “treasure” of the cathedral and a rare example of an organ of the 17th century still in perfect conditions, complete the general description of the little beauties conserved inside the museum.